Summer is More Fun with Heggerty
Back by popular demand! Heggerty’s Summer Support lessons give parents, tutors, and summer school staff FREE access to high-quality phonemic awareness lessons straight from our NEW 2022 Editions of the Heggerty Phonemic Awareness Curriculum.
6 weeks of phonemic awareness lessons reinforce students' knowledge while preparing them for the next step in their reading journey. Students will revisit key weeks from the grade they’ve just completed, providing them the opportunity to hear and work with the sounds in language and strengthen the connections they’ve made between letters and sounds. Lessons also include access to our daily lesson videos - so any child, anywhere, can receive quality instruction from a literacy specialist!
Download your free lessons and daily lesson videos below!
The resources below include activities that help students develop phonological and phonemic awareness.
- Florida Center for Reading Research - Printable activities for Kindergarten and 1st grade to reinforce and practice rhyme, alliteration, phoneme isolation, blending, segmenting and manipulating sounds in words
- Sounder & Friends - Phonemic awareness training videos for kids
- The Literacy Nest - Ideas and resources for teaching phonological awareness
- PreKinders - Literacy printables for Pre-K parents
- Más Fonoaudiología - Un sitio con actividades para practicar la conciencia fonológica y la fonética.