Bridge to Reading Foundational Skills for Kindergarten, Classroom Kit
This product is currently available for pre-order and will begin shipping starting June 15, 2023.
$899 annual renewal*
The Bridge to Reading Foundational Skills Curriculum provides everything a kindergarten teacher needs to implement daily whole-group phonemic awareness and phonics lessons in 30 minutes. The curriculum includes a speech-to-print focus, multisensory instructional strategies, daily differentiated instruction, and engaging, instructive, meaningful decodable passages and decodable readers, with standards-based assessment. See below for complete product details.
Click here to learn more about Bridge to Reading and download a sample lesson.
Recommended Add Ons
- Intended audience: Kindergarten
- Lesson structure: Whole Group
- Duration: 30 minutes
The Bridge to Reading Foundational Skills for Kindergarten Classroom Kit includes the following components. For classrooms with more than 25 students, please purchase additional student materials within the recommended add-ons section above.
Teacher and Classroom Materials
3 Teacher’s Editions
The Bridge to Reading Teacher’s Guides simplifies literacy instruction by combining Heggerty Phonemic Awareness lessons with explicit phonics instruction.
- Background research to build teacher knowledge
- Scope and sequence offering 170 lessons over 34 weeks
- Explicit language and guidance for Tier 1 instruction
- Gradual release model (I do, We do, You do)
- Embedded differentiation guidance
- Scaffolds for multilingual learners
- QR codes for easy access to myHeggerty digital resources
- Spiral-bound, double-sided
- Book 1: Units 1-2, Book 2: Units 3-4, Book 3: Units 5-6
- To explore the comprehensive Scope & Sequence, please click here.
1 Alphabet Bridge Poster
This poster highlights vowel letters in red, featuring lowercase on the front and uppercase on the back.
- 11×17”, double-sided
1 Alphabet Chart Poster
This poster displays unique illustrations for each letter and sound, including the multiple sounds letters can make. This chart can be displayed in your classroom and matches the ABC Letter Cards.
- 11×17”, single-sided
1 Vowel Valley Poster
This poster helps students recognize mouth placement and guides children in producing and differentiating vowel sounds.
- 18×24”, single-sided
1 ABC Letter Cards Set
This set of 36 beautifully illustrated letter sound cards with all 26 letters of the alphabet, fancy “a” and fancy “g” for print recognition, S for both the /s/ and /z/ sounds, and seven additional cards for all vowels plus “c” and “g.”
- 6×4”, double-sided
1 Consonant Blends & Digraphs Cards Set
This set of 34 beautifully illustrated cards includes 21 Consonant Blends (I-blends, r-blends, s-blends, tw), 4 Consonant Digraphs, 8 Vowel Digraphs, and y as a vowel.
- 6×4”, double-sided
1 Sound Stories Poster Set
This set includes 32 double-sided sound posters in a spiral-bound flip chart. Beautiful illustrations on the front of the poster contain exemplar words to target sound-spelling relationships. Uppercase and lowercase letter formations and directions are showcased on the back of each poster. The Teacher’s Edition includes engaging sound stories accompanying each poster.
- Each poster is 11×17″, double-sided
- 1 Spiral-bound flip chart
1 Sound Wall Articulation Cards Set
This set includes 44 Sound wall cards representing all 44 phonemes in the English language, providing a focus on phoneme articulation.
- 2 sets included per classroom kit
1 Word Construction Cards Set
This set includes 111-word construction cards used to model word building for whole-group instruction. These color-coded cards represent consonants, vowels, r-controlled vowels, consonant digraphs and blends, vowel teams, suffixes, diphthongs, and silent letters.
- Each card is 4×6”
- 1 set included per classroom kit
1 Teacher Red Word Cards Set
This set helps students develop automatic sight word recognition. On the front of each card, the Red Word is printed with an octagon shape under irregular spelling patterns, prompting children to analyze word patterns. The back of the card provides sentence examples to build contextual meaning, along with phoneme-graphing mapping for additional support.
- 1 set of Teacher Red Word cards, each measuring 5×7″
Heggerty Decodable Books—Grade K, Series 1, Classroom Set
These books provide a cumulative unit review of learned sound-spelling relationships and Red Words. The meaningful, comprehensible, and engaging books develop students’ ability to read connected text independently. This set comprises fiction and nonfiction texts, offering diverse reading materials to enhance students’ reading proficiency.
The Kindergarten Decodable Books Library consists of the following titles:
- The Big Red Hat
- Can it Dig?
- Bess Gets a Bell
- The Mom-and-Pop Shop
- Grandma Has a Drill
- We all Help Clean
- Farmer Luke Sleeps Late
- Lake Hills Drive
- A curriculum kit includes six copies of each title, resulting in a total of 48 books.
myHeggerty Digital Access for Bridge to Reading, Grade K
Access to digital teacher’s editions and assessments, classroom interactives, shareable decodable eBooks, on-demand professional development, and more!
A 1-year subscription includes the following:
- Digital access to the Bridge to Reading Teacher’s Editions
- On-demand professional development
- Digital learning library
- Cumulative digital assessments
- Interactive classroom tools and more.
25 Student READ Books
Student READ Books (Ready, Engaged, Active Decoders) provide opportunities for independent practice, applying sound-spelling relationships, developing decoding skills, improving fluency, mastering high-frequency Red Words, and practicing encoding.
Each of the 25 consumable workbooks includes:
- Weekly openers with clear “I can” statements, helping students identify learning objectives
- Letter formation practice linked to sound-spelling relationships
- Weekly passages (over 80% decodable) for extensive reading practice
- Perforated, punched, double-sided and perfect-bound
25 Student Red Word Cards Set
These sets promote automatic sight word recognition while emphasizing phoneme-grapheme connections, fostering a meaningful approach to word reading rather than mere memorization. Each card features a Red Word printed on the front, accompanied by an octagon shape under irregular spelling patterns, encouraging children to pause and analyze the word’s pattern.
- Each curriculum kit includes 25 sets of Student Red Word cards, each measuring 2.5×3.5″
- The cards are conveniently packaged in perforated sheets measuring 5×7″
For classrooms with more than 25 students, 5-pack add-ons of student manipulatives are available here.
26 Spell Tabs Folders
Spell Tabs Folders offer students a hands-on, multisensory experience to construct, blend, decode, and read words, serving as an integral part of daily instruction. They are also utilized in small-group, differentiated instruction, providing highly effective guided and independent practice for mastering sound-spelling relationships.
- Sticky Spell Tabs are each 1.5×1″
- Folders are 11×17”
- Each folder includes individual sticky tabs for all letters of the alphabet; qu letter combination; consonant digraphs (-sh, -ch, -th, -wh); -ck; word endings -s, -es, -ed, -ing
*Annual Renewal Components
Your annual renewal includes everything you need to continue using the Bridge to Reading in subsequent years:
- 1-year teacher subscription to the myHeggerty Digital Access for Brdige to Reading, Grade K
- 25 Student Spell Tabs Folders
- 25 Student READ Books
- 25 sets of Student Red Word Cards
Renewals take place a year from the date of shipping. Your annual renewal is optional and may be canceled anytime by contacting Heggerty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like…
Bridge to Reading Foundational Skills for First Grade, Classroom Kit
The Bridge to Reading Foundational Skills Curriculum provides everything First Grade teachers need to implement daily whole group phonemic awareness and phonics lessons in 30 minutes or less.today
$899 annual renewal* Available June 15, 2023.
There are no reviews yet.